Easton Islami Darasgah (EID), also known as Greenbank Masjid (GBM) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will describe how we look after your personal data and about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Our contact details
Name: Easton Islami Darasgah
Address: Castle Green Buildings, Greenbank Road, Bristol, BS5 6HE
Phone Number: +44 7516 37 37 95
Easton Islami Darasgah will be referred as GBM in this privacy notice. This privacy notice was updated on 01 January 2024.
GBM is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
2. The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information.
• Personal identifiers and contacts (such as name, contact details and address)
• Characteristics (if applicable such as ethnicity, language)
• Safeguarding information (if applicable such as court orders and professional involvement)
• Medical and administration (such as child health, allergies, and medication if necessary)
• Attendance (such as sessions attended, number of absences, absence reasons)
• Assessment and attainment (such as previous exam results)
• Financial (such as fees paid, outstanding amounts and applications for
• Staff contract information (such as hours worked, job role, salary information)
• Behavioural information (such as exclusions)
This list is not exhaustive.
• Personal identifiers and contacts (such as name, contact details and address for the management committee and members)
• Financial (such as donations, loans made, monies owed by members)
• Employee contract information (such as hours worked, job role, salary information)
• Access information (such as access to building use fobs)
This list is not exhaustive.
Find a Spouse
Greenbank Masjid now offers the “Find a Spouse” service to help individuals connect for matrimonial purposes.
- Personal identifiers and contacts (such as name, contact details, address and date of birth)
- Financial and employment details (earnings)
- Personal preferences for a potential spouse
- Religious and cultural preferences
- Relationship goals and expectations
- This list is not exhaustive.
Website and Social Media
• Visitor IP address and browser user data
• Contact details provided through forms
3. How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
a. To support pupil learning
b. To monitor and report on pupil attainment progress
c. To provide appropriate pastoral care
d. To assess the quality of our services
e. To keep children safe
f. To provide education services including Quran memorisation and recitation
g. CCTV is used for security purposes
h. To comply with charity, legal and regulatory obligations
i. To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the community as outlined in our constitution.
j. To administer membership records
k. To fundraise and promote the interests of the organisation
l. To manage our employees and volunteers
m. To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications)
n. To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at GBM
o. CCTV is used for security purposes
Find a Spouse
p. Matching profiles based on compatibility criteria
q. Facilitating communication between interested parties
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
• We have a contractual obligation.
• We have a legal obligation (h), (l), (m).
• We have a vital interest (e), (g), (o),.
• We need it to perform a public task.
• We have a legitimate interest (a), (b), (c), (d), (f), (i), (j), (k), (n), (p), (q).
4. How we store your personal information
Your personal data will be treated confidentially and will only be shared where there is a legal and/or regulatory obligation.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, management committee or nominated individuals who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
5. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
6. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or in writing to Easton Islami Darasgah, Castle Green Buildings, Greenbank Road, Bristol, BS5 6HE
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk